Friday, March 19, 2010

The Sun Whose Rays Are All Ablaze.. an excerpt from the Movie "Topsy Turvy" based on the Gilbert and Sullivan Comic Opera "The Mikado"

Ann Richards, in her Democratic National Convention Keynote Address, delivered 19 July 1988, in Atlanta GA, said the following words..

I want to announce to this nation, That in a little more than 100 days, the Reagan, Meese, Deaver, Nofzinger, Poindexter, North, Weinberger, Watt, Gorsuch, Lavelle, Stockman, Haig, Bork, Noriega, George Bush (era) will be over....

Poor Ann, little did she know, what was in store for us all when we got to the REAL George Bush era.

So, in my obsessive manner, this song is dedicated to George W. Bush.

The narcissism of the opening monologue. ("I am so much more attractive than all the other..etc. etc.") is directly translatable to the ego that thinks..(God chose me to be the President of the USA)

When she sings ...
The sun, whose rays
Are all ablaze
With ever-living glory,
Does not deny
His majesty--
He scorns to tell a story!
He don't exclaim,
"I blush for shame,
So kindly be indulgent."
But, fierce and bold,
In fiery gold,
He glories all effulgent!

I mean to rule the earth,
As he the sky--
We really know our worth,
The sun and I!


...I Always think of the narcissism of poor old George W. He can't help it. he was born with a silver foot in his mouth. (A barb intended for George Sr. by Ann Richards again in 1988)

The only problem with his silver feet, was that he took them and walked all over the rest of creation in his "with us or against us" Texas Silver Footed Way.
He actually did mean to rule the earth.
Thanks George. You would have made a great Mikado.
You made the punishment fit the crime, or was it vice versa.




Check this out.